The CIU aims to conclude the application process between 60 and 90 days. Applicants for the Sustainable Growth Fund are eligible for the Accelerated Application Process (AAP) which completes applications within 60 days.
Once due diligence is concluded, applicants may choose one of three investment options which include an investment in pre-approved real estate, a contribution to the Sustainable Growth Fund, or a special alternative investment. For further information on the investment options, visit our Investment Options page.
How to Proceed
Applications for citizenship cannot be lodged directly with the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU), instead they can only be handled by registered Authorised Persons.
Service Providers are charged US$250.00 or its equivalent in Eastern Caribbean currency for each set of application forms issued. Applications can be obtained from Authorised Persons.
- Application for registration as a Citizen (Form C1);
- Photograph and Signature Certificate (Form C2) and;
- Medical Certificate (Form C3) including original results of HIV Test (a HIV test is required for all persons applying for citizenship including children over 12 years and test results must not be older than three months upon submission of an application).
Sustainable Growth Fund option:
- Investment Confirmation/Escrow Agreement (Form C4)
Important: Forms C1, C2, C3 and C4 will be supplied by your local authorised person (only original application forms are accepted).
Applicants should fill out the application forms that can be obtained from any local corporate service provider or lawyer licensed to practise in the Federation. For a list of local service providers please visit the Financial Services Regulatory Commission website.
For further information please visit FAQs.
All applicants are required to provide the following:
- Completed C1 application form;
- Completed C2 application form;
- Completed C3 application form;
- Original excerpt of full birth record or certified copy of birth certificate (i.e. a birth document that also includes your parent’s details, or a household register, family book etc.);
- Certified copy of proof of name change (deed polls or jurisdictional equivalent, if applicable);
- Certified copy of current national identity card(s) (children under the age of 16 are exempted);
- Certified copy of current passport(s) showing name, photo citizenship/nationality, date and place of issue, expiry date, passport number and issuing country;
- HIV test results (test results must not be older than three months upon submission of an application; children under the age of 12 are exempt);
- Police certificate “Certificate of No Criminal Record” or “Police Clearance Certificate” from country of citizenship and any country where the applicant has lived for more than one year over the past 10 years (children under the age of 16 are exempt) and;
- Six photographs approximately 35 x 45mm in size, taken within the past six (6) months (N.B. one of the photographs must be certified and attached to the C2 form).
Other supporting documents required from the main applicant:
- C4 application form (SGF Option);
- Completed Purchase and Sales Agreement (if applying for the Approved Real Estate Option);
- At least one original professional reference (e.g. from an attorney, notary public, charted accountant or other professional of similar standing) which is no older than six months;
- Bank statements for a 12 month period from the date of submission of application;
- At least one original bank reference letter issued by an internationally recognised bank, which is no older than six months;
- Certified copy of military records or exemption from military service (if applicable);
- One original document of evidence of residential address (e.g. certified copy of a recent utility bill or bank statement showing full name and address, or written confirmation from a bank, attorney, chartered accountant or notary public);
- Employment letter(s) stating the start of employment, position held and salary earned;
- Certified copy of business license or incorporation documents;
- One original excerpt of marriage record or certified copy of marriage certificate(s) if applicable (i.e. if married persons apply together);
- Certified copy of divorce documents (if applicable);
- Statement and evidence of source of fund to be invested in St. Kitts and Nevis;
- Affidavit of financial support for applicants between the ages of 18-30;
- Certified copy of university degrees (if applicable) and;
- Limited Power of Attorney.